Monday, April 7, 2008

sleep?

I took the advice of my plunket nurse last week against my own better judgement (she's lovely but I knew she was off on this one). My issue is with this charming boy...


During the day he won't sleep here...


And he sure as hell won't sleep here...


The P Nurse suggested I put the bassinet in the lounge and put him down in there in the hopes that he would stay asleep for a reasonable period once he was out of my arms. And yes that's a mum smell impregnated T-shirt in there to add to that whole 'close to Mum' feel.

Here's Will just after I put him down in the bassinet in the lounge (little bugger has a cheeky grin on his face). This picture was taken at 9:37am (late in that minute)


And this picture was taken at 9:38am (early in that minute)


Hmmmm. Full Noise. Plan failure.

Now that the cast has changed I have a little more flexibility and have been practicing with this and it does make him sleep but it's not quite the panacea that I had hoped. Because I now have a lump out in front and he's not light and compact like he was before the 19th of December.


But he is sweet....


Other things we learned at plunket were that at 3m2w he is now 6.2kg (up from 3.3) and is 10 cm taller at 61cm. So he is as they say growing like a weed. And then there's these....


Can't tell if they are going to be hazel or green at this stage... if photoshop is any indicator then they will be hazel as I used the colour picker on his iris for the two colours in the font. In other words his eyes are going from the colour in the 'T' to the colour in the last 'g'.

Didn't get to photograph the albums today Merenia was ready to help but Will wasn't co-operating. And it just occurred to me I didn't take photos of Kieran when he made us dinner tonight... devilled sausages. Bugger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Kieran! YUM! You are looking skinny chicky babe - check out those cheekbones!

Loveya long time, K x