Saturday, May 10, 2008

Boys and their toys

So on Monday just after 3pm this turned up from some far flung place on the other side of the world....


It said "Model of Glider". So I rang Les at work and let him know. He was in the first part heaving a sigh of relief as he was expecting a phone call or letter regarding Duty or some other financial government rip off. Second was excitement. Then he started texting. By the time he got home I had already had skype messages, emails and phone calls regarding the contents. Les had to go to his other work to earn some money so he can go fly these models in Turkey next month. ... so he couldn't open the box right away. He got home around 10pm and asked if it was ok for DL to come play... yeah fine with me... not that it mattered what I thought because Aneil turned up ten minutes later. Then is started.....


Kids in a candy store would have been an understatement. I started telling Aneil something but then I gave up... because I kept getting interrupted.


I asked Les a question... 3 times... then he answered.... yeah I can see how this is going to be.... ]

So I slunk off to bed away from blue tails, red tips and yellow wings. Away from "supra pushropds are pre installed internally" and "pre terminated clevis on ele and rud too" and "ballast tube preinstalled" and "ailerons going to the tips" Thank-god for that eh... now if only I could get the boom mounted to my pod.... I mean I'm off to the land of nod....

....and so the conversation went like this....

Me: "Goodnight"
Les and Aneil: "___________"

No comments: