Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy inter-National Scrapbooking day!

You'll never guess what I have been doing today.... (not much) scrapbooking but I did do a little and I am off soon to finish that page and another that I started the other day (baby WILL-ing).

I thought that I had a picture to share of the LO that I managed to sneak in last week but I guess that I didn't manage to sneak in a photo of it as well as doing it!

You can expect a lot of posts from me tomorrow to make up for my absence in the past week but in the meantime...

On Friday I witnessed a scene on New North Rd in Mt Albert. It was a stroke of fate that I managed to see it as I was so busy explaining something to Miss M that I forgot to take the Carrington Rd turn off. So I went off at St Lukes and headed down New North Rd. As Miss M has a fascination with the Emergency Services statements like "police car on your side " are oft heard in our car. (sometimes even when she's not in the car). Friday's call was "Fire engine, lights on, on my side" I looked a little harder as we drove past as the fire engine was parked. Strange I thought because it's parked beside a playground...

The photograph I didn't take was of a rocket in the playground- the type with vertical bars and about 3 stories high that the kids climb up the inside of. On the top story were two firemen on the outside of the rocket. I do believe my photograph would have captured the firemen trying to pull the bars apart to free the head of the boy who stood between them clinging grimly to the outside of the rocket that he had managed to become stuck to.

I am glad I am not that boys mother.

No comments: