Monday, May 5, 2008

Playback

Ahhhhhh I'm sitting back at 9:22am with a pinky bar and a bottle of Bundaberg Peachee celebrating the start of the new school term.

At the same time as being ultimately relaxed I'm feeling hyped as I said to Will this morning in my best heavy metaler voice
"Morrison Drive are you ready to ROCK?!"

Yeah baby! we're ready to rock! I tell you I love my kids but by about the middle Sunday of the holidays I was SO over it. Even though Grandma had only been there for three days and Sylvia wasn't even staying with us I had that feeling of right everyone go home, go away I just want it to be me and my crew cosied at home on our own!

Will was completely tragic... he had daytime sleeps knocked around on Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday I spent long hours lying beside him in bed and he woke time after after time after time at things seemingly as quiet as pins dropping... let alone the creak of the bed as his Mama tried to slink off to freedom.

Portrait of a very tired baby... complete with tears.

All that said, we did;
  • have a fab time catching up with the 'Granny's'.

  • really enjoy catching up with everyone at camp.
  • have a lovely ROAST dinner with Kieley up at camp.
  • lots of shopping with Grandma.
  • A scrapbook class. (Merenia)
  • Play with friends; Tony, Petra, and Ryan!
  • Have lunch out.
  • Two trips to the airport for me and one for Les.
  • Get in a bit of reading.
  • Play new card games.
  • Have tidy bedrooms albeit briefly.
  • Sleep in Great Grandma's arms lots. (Will)
  • Get to scrapbook, using my new paper trimmer, while the above was happening. (Me)
  • think rolling over (back to front) was the best thing ever invented. (Will)
  • think rolling over was the worst thing ever invented. (All the rescuers)
  • Take some awful family photos (Not your fault Les and Kieley!)


  • Enjoy some scrumptious meals ala Les. (Thanks babe)
  • (Re)Discovered the washing basket is the ultimate tool for allowing us to all eat dinner together.
  • Look incredibly cute.

Wills awake gotta run!

No comments: