Saturday, May 31, 2008

That's the case

Mostly I am posting these pictures because I really like how well they have turned out. But there's also some interesting questions raised. This is my case...


I got it when I was at University. I can't for the life of me remember where- Dunedin or maybe Christchurch.


It was in better condition when I first got it, but it was a hard working little number for me. It went to Uni everyday for a few years and it also went on Holiday.


Believe it or not you can fit enough clothes in here for a week long summer holiday in Auckland. Not bad eh?


It's seen some other destinations but I am not sure where....


Don't you love vintage luggage labels?? That is from a destination to which Agnes took the case. Most likely in the school holidays when her text books were put away and she had finished at Rangiruru for the term.


Who were you Agnes Brydon? I know that you went to Rangi-ruru. I know you lived in Ashburton and I believe later moved to 36 Chester St, St Albans, Christchurch. Did you like the case or think it purely functional... perhaps you wanted something 'cooler'? When I got it I thought it very cool. I still do, but I no longer have any real use for this little case. Believe me I've tried to find a function for it but alas, I think it needs to go to a better home.


I must say Agnes I do like your hand writing! I wonder where did you take the case? And in the end what caused you to part with it? I am afraid it is now a little worse for wear I am afraid...



But it still does the job!


What hands held these handles? What feelings accompanied the hands? Was there the tight grip of a nervous school girl? The excited hand of a holiday maker in transit?


Did you swing the case as you walked? Or was it heavy with books?

And by the way Agnes....


....where did you put the keys?

No comments: