Monday, May 26, 2008

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming

Well it's officially another week and a rainy one at that. That is a bonus as it means we start our week without our recent constant companions- the painters. .... We have three painters I think of them as 'No english', 'little english', and Sam. Despite the obvious language barriers they all seem really nice! They sure are hard working as witnessed before 8am on Saturday and after five pm that same day. Little English is also very good... (I haven't watched No English he seems a bit nervous when I am around so I try not to stress him out). I will actually do a whole post on the painting (goodness knows I have enough pictures) but for now I'll just tell you about my major excitement followed by major disappointment. Because they spray painted the house they wrapped all the doors and windows, in the lounge on sunny Friday afternoon that made for the most awesome diffused light. So I asked them to leave the lounge window covered for the weekend so we could take some family photos. So I had big plans to finally colour my hair, get Les to shave, dress up the kids and breakout the tripod. Then we got home from netball and shopping to find the window uncovered.... bugger!

Anyway today I have a head cold with a sore throat kicker courtesy of Will (thanks baby I knew you were wiping those bogeys on my shoulder for a reason!). I am sorting through 515 files as I write this post mostly photos but some movies as well and I find there's so much I wanted to share in the past couple of weeks so this may have to be a bit of a clip show post here goes....

As I said the cold comes from Will I think it was caused by the cool evening air last Monday at Hockey he was well rugged up...



Seriously bummed about the photos I lost in the last couple of weeks. It seems we got some sort of virus I think. I lost the photos of Will first night in his 'big babies bed'. This one is taken the next day...


The cold made him one sad little baby and so there was a lot of sleeping on his mama and also on the couch... lost most of those photos too 'cept this one.


That was K's second game for the season he was Goalie in the first...


It took about 20 minutes to get him all suited up and he walked out in front of the goal and his 'box' fell out, with the gloves and all it wasn't an option for him to put it back in... it was quite funny... but not as funny as when he had to change ends at half time... best I can say to describe it is that he looked like a robot which desperately needed to go to the loo. :-)

As you know Will turned 5 months... so of course I took Monkey photos gotta love this one...


And as you certainly haven't had much of the pleasure of Will's company lately on the blog here's a little number we call Yummy Funny Toes...




And then there's Funny Feet...




We had 3 empty house around us for quite a while but now have 2 sets of new neighbours which maybe cool... I haven't figured that out yet. I have only seen the guy front neighbour but it is a 4 bedroom house and there's a little pedal car in their back yard so I am thinking there must be at least some kids somewhere...? The back neighbours I have only met one of but he's quite cute...


Funny though Will wasn't all that impressed or interested... I thought he would be but maybe the puppy moves too fast?

Last week Kieran came home with the makings of his marionette which needed finishing for school the next day. He had a bit of fun on the sewing machine but didn't get him finished before bed time so I got to finish him off. 3 hours later introducing Malili Muliaina, a Chiefs player of course....


Kieran then promptly forgot to take him to school of course and I had to go back home and pick him up.

A quick run down of the rest...
  • the netball is not going so well lucky it's the grading games.
  • The Hockey is much the same although with a new player this may improve.
  • Les spent the week at 360 so added a fair chunk to his saving for Turkey.
  • I am so over Les working at 360 and will be glad when Turkey is done and dusted.
  • My toe which had minor surgery is still not 100% I need to go back for more anti-bugs but haven't got around to it.
  • I still haven't finished the spare room, but I did reclaim my scrapping table on Sunday.
  • I managed to get rid of some stuff including a few sales on trade me which is cool... I'll post more on that later.
I should also say thank-you for the concerned emails after my post on the airforce... I guess the letter came across as I intended it, while it's true that the situation is crap I am not. I guess to a certain extent we are used to the situation but it's also a matter of not letting those particular bartards 'get us down'. So that'll have to do for now Will is awake, suprise surprise, I'm sure there's more but it'll have to wait till later.

No comments: