Friday, June 27, 2008

In Turkey this morning

As I write Les is at the competitors briefing for the Spor Yapi Cup. He is flying in group 1 of round 1 so I expect he's quite nervous, even though it's not the main competition. I know I feel kind of nervous especially with the number of models that the Americans have already broken... I know Les would be pretty gutted if he crashed one of his before the WC start.

They had a good practice day on Wednesday. It was 28degC at the field but apparently felt hotter. Les was pleased to meet a bunch of people he has only seen in pictures or heard of and or emailed before.

Thursday was another good practice day and he took lots of photos which he hopes to email home tonight (his time) so if it happens I'll get them up here tomorrow.

He says that ordering food is a challenge as not too many of the Turks speak english.

He asked me to 'Google' the name of the Eagle (Sam) from the Muppet Show as they were working on a new nickname for Joe. Not sure what the story is there... I hope it's not one of what goes on tour stays on tour stories as I'm already intrigued.

I am not sure where if anywhere there will be online scoring for either of the comps but I'll let you know if I find out.

  • Go Les Go!! Go Dad Go!! Love you!!!

No comments: