Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Unheard of...

... me finishing a scrapbook page. I'm not sure I believe it myself but it is true, here's the proof.





I have seriously lost my scrapping mojo and I just don't know why. I go down to my room I sit at my desk and I just can't even bring myself to get out the photos. It's like I have some sort of mental block... if you've ever been through this tell me what you did because I have a MOUNTAIN of photos and it's only getting worse the older this baby grows.

Talking about the baby... I haven't much lately. Can I just preface this by saying I love Will and I'm happier in my life than I can remember for a long time... that said broken sleep can do strange things to a girl and I have muttered a few choice words to both him and Mr snore-snore head, I mean Les, in the early hours of the morning lately. Sleeping patterns are on the move again and this means I'm getting to see more of Will than ever before... as much as you can see in the dark that is... I get to see him around 11pm, 1:30am, 3:30am, 5:30am and 6:30am and I'm so tired that generally I find at the 3:30am call that I am still holding him after the 1:30 drink... I am the one getting a flat spot on my head from the headboard and my left breast is getting sick of being left out in the cool night air when Will's done and I am already asleep. :-)

Les is off on Monday and I think Will may spend the next 3 weeks in my bed in an effort to try and get him to sleep through till the 4am feed... plus we'll be starting solids officially soon so that may help as well.

Other than the sleeping thing... he's almost a half- which is just unbelievable. We have a Plunket appointment tomorrow for a height and weight update. It was supposed to be about 3 weeks ago but I totally forgot... which was kind of cool seeing as it appears my Plunket Nurse has left and nobody knew that I was supposed to be coming anyway... it's kind of spooky though as I told Les I had missed the appointment because my PN normally calls to remind... and she didn't... And then Les said she DID call the week before ... but it turns out she had left a couple months before hand and they didn't know I was coming so who knows what the heck was going on????

He is enjoying reaching, exploring and mouthing stuff. He likes screaming and is quite talkative in the mornings especially. After me Kieran is his favourite... which makes K very happy and Merenia not so much... she is very in his face and has a REALLY bad "mother(un)ease" voice which is reminiscent to us all of fingernails down a blackboard. He still has a very limited timespan for playing on his mat as he ALWAYS rolls on his front straight off and then gets tired... I'm like "dude just lie on your back awhile and gum some suff would ya" and he's like "Aaaarrrghgggghhhghhh eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

So I pick him up and we play jumping, or upside down or we take a walk to the letterbox (highlight of our day!) or we read or sing. I should get one of the music players for the blog ... then everyone can listen too "I like honey in my tea, Honey comes from the honey bee, With his fuzzy coat of brown and yellow, he is such a lovely fellow, Buzz buzz he hums as he goes, gathering pollen from the lovely rose". repeat, repeat, repeat... hmmmm I must learn the other verse's. We have added all the Gymbaroo songs to our computer so I can make up some play lists and do some Gymbaroo sessions with Will but it's a time consuming task so I'm not quite there yet. That's what I should be doing now... as well as getting lunch and actually I really need to go to the loo.... so I'm going to run and I'll add more on Thursday when Will hits the big 6 months!

No comments: