Thursday, June 26, 2008

Landing Points




  • We love Skype!! Oh yes we do.

Kieran was busy watching Euro 08 this morning when the computer made that familiar noise. "It's Joe Wurts" Kieran said... and then there was a mad scramble to answer and grab head phones, and prise headphones from the hands and mouth of one very strong baby so we could talk to Les!

So....
  • The whole Kiwi team has arrived and all luggage was intact and present!
  • The Americans have a lovely hotel....
  • The kiwi's not so much.
  • Although the Cable TV does have '157' channels.
  • But they are all in Turkish.
  • The train tracks not so far from the hotel may present a challenge to sleep... but then I'm sure Les has had worse at the Carterton Nats. :-)
  • The weather is bloomin' lovely... someone has already 'singed' himself. Grrrrrr!
  • They had a great practice day yesterday.
  • The set up at the field is amazing.
  • One of the Aussies has had his model box go missing in transit... and when I say missing I mean missing not just on a tiki tour to Turkey.
  • A lot of the teams had issues getting their line through customs.
  • When I talked to Les this morning he said that the restuarant/bar was full of passionate soccer fans.
  • I expect now they are all crying into their beer.
Les had about 4 hours sleep while he was transiting to Turkey so I don't think Jetlag is going to be an issue, which is cool. And Paul has the cable that he needs to download photos off the cameras so hopefully they will get the time to mail back some pictures soon.

I think that's it. More when I get it. As you can see above I have added a link that you can click on as soon as you get here to read the F3J Stuff. I will try and make F3J only posts as much as possible... but this is our family blog and I'm a busy chick so if things get a bit mixed up then you'll just have to get over it.

No comments: