Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tidbits



Hello,

A quick note, I have written a goal for myself to work my butt off to finish getting the house sorted following the 'great cot installation' because I can't create till it's done and there's a bunch of other stuff that I just can't let myself enjoy till it's sorted- like planting spring bulbs and reading magazines etc. So my blogging will be sporadic till that's all done and dusted (well not dusted exactly- hello? I'm not that committed) :-).

In the meantime we are all good (cept Merenia).

The snot seems to behind us... yay!

Les is ramping up for Turkey- very exciting, he leaves at the end of the month. Check out the countdown.

Kieran had the worlds best weekend; Indiana Jones with Kieley and friends, Crusader Victory in the Super 14 final, new Lego sets in the toy world sale and with one exception he's happy with the new All Black Team (I'm sure Graham Henry will be pleased to have Kieran's blessing).

I enjoyed lunch and starbucks with Kieley today and have a cape-seed loaf for tomorrow, Yum! I was also delighted to be personally invited to attend the opening of an exhibition of photographs of local people this evening at the library. The photos were taken by Willow Harfleet who attends Kieran's school and had a couple of stints in G.a.T as she is also a passionate scientist. Her photos are exceptionally good, she has an eye that most adults don't have when taking portraits. Super cool!

Will was pleased to catch up with Ma, Kieley and Room 20 today. He also enjoyed a trip to the beach with some close up seagull action and a jaunt around the cool pet shop at Brown's Bay. And he liked the exhibition as well, mostly because he was fascinated by Willow's 3 week old nephew and entranced by the sound Kieran's teachers voice (she was at the exhibition too).

Merenia is not so happy as she came home from Penguins tonight to discover my statement regarding her bedroom was not just an idle threat, and that the contents of her bedroom with the exceptions of furniture, books, clothes, and Mary (her unicorn) are now gone. That said she is still unable to accept that the mess was her responsibility and that she broke the rules by having food and pens in there as well as a bunch of other transgressions! Oh well, such is life I reckon.

NB. Everytime I refer to 'Penguins' I always imagine some sort of Nun school for kids... you know how in the Blues Brothers they refered to the Nun's as Penguins... it's actually St Johns Cadets.

A few notes from the weekend....

If you have kids aged say 5 and up try the game Zooreka... very cool!

Me and Kieran want one of these... (use this link if you are in a hurry), a steal at just US$3000.

If you are an Outrageous Fortune Fan Check out the promo on You Tube... if you aren't then why not?

If you love collecting books check out this.

If you are a scrapbooker check out these. I am so going to get me some of those.

Check this out because I said so.

And finally if your baby has died or you care for someone who's baby died then you may like to read this and this. I am a lot further down my grief track than Kate, Saskia will be 9 on Sunday and she seldom gives me anything but joy- (NB. not all whose babies die reach a peaceful place), but I can so remember that searing pain in the newness of loss.

Like I said I may not be around much the rest of this week... if I can I will try and complete some more of the book posts. The book lists are already sorted (I am on the second shelf in the lounge now) :-) .

With any luck I'll be a brighter happier me with my creative thirst quenched when you next read my words. Time to sleep, then to focus.

No comments: