Saturday, June 21, 2008

Uncollecting

Last week I got rid of more stuff including the bulk of my tobacco and other tin collection...


Apologies for the sideways pic Blogger or picasa is having issues... The collection started in the bad old days when I did stuff that you do when you are young, stupid and think you are in love.

I kept the tins in the picture above as I really like them and think I may be able to use them for scrapbooking somewhere along the line if I ever find my scrapping mojo (godness only knows where I lost that- I think the Dr may have accidentally removed it when he gave me my C-section)... The card says "A little something to make you smile" I found it in one of the tins and I have no idea where, when or who it came from.


This is Ovoline egg preserver I think maybe you rubbed it on the outside of the shells to stop the air getting in.... That reminds me of a very gross story that happened a few weeks after easter when I was about 8 and involved boiled eggs, maggots and Suzy Duncan's Nana's front room. It's probably better left untold.


I am sure there is a story and a bunch of history that goes with this tin... if only it could talk!!!!


And this was a more recent acquisition from Les' old WO before he left the RNZAF and went overseas to be gay :-) It's actually a Chocolate tin... wouldn't it be cool if they still did nice stuff like this as a matter of course!

No comments: