Monday, December 1, 2008

Round-up ~ November


What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

Creating Keepsakes, Healthy Food Guide, Next, New Woman (what a load of crap that is!), Notebook and Better Homes and Gardens Dec Issue.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

All Saints (boo hoo hoo it's finished now). The Leaders Debate on TV3- blah, blah, blah!, The American Presidential Election Coverage.The New Zealand Election coverage, Rove, Pulp Sport! Under The Mountain (thanks for the loan Shannon!)

What special days did I celebrate?

Kireran's Birthday, Taine and Jaden's Birthdays

What gifts did I give and/or receive?

Lego to Tony, a page for Granny Rae, Kieran's pressie's; Lego, DVD's, Lollies and books. I got my Starbucks Diary. :-)

What illnesses or health concerns did we have?

Will had a fever and cold. Les had a really sore arm. Merenia got Chicken Pox from the twins in her class.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?

Visited with Granny Rae. Went out shopping with Les and the kids. Went out window shopping w/ Les and Will at Takapuna. Went to Mt Wellington and the Mexican Cafe with Les. The Carrington's Party. Kieran's sleepover with Jake.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?

Niamh's Choc Caramel Slice- Oh my Goodness/Badness!! YUM! Not new, but we had BLT's with lettuce from the kids gardens. The three Christmas Frappunccino flavours- Dark Cherry Mocha my new fave! The Mexican Restaurant in Mt Wellington- Chicken Tostada's, Creme Caramel, Guava and Mango Nectar and Chilli Chocolates!

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

Something cool that may be Les' Christmas present. Starbucks Advent Calendar and Reindeer decoration! Tampons- in a cute tin! The last of the Christmas Pressies and Will's birthday stuff. And I went to the Hasbro sale. Way cool Christmas trees for our mantle.

What were this month's disappointments?

The return of poor sleep (teeth and illness related I think- Will's not mine) and the arrival of Will bad eating.

What were my accomplishments this month?

Actually I got quite a bit done mostly organisational stuff reducing the paper pile that we have at our home. Teacher scrapbook gifts and decorations for my fave barista's. :-) My week in the life album and the December daily. Kieran's camp album. Progress on two other family Christmas albums! My Christmas cards all ready to go.

Anything else noteworthy to record?

Will's first tooth and second and third and fourth. Will pulling himself up on the furniture. Barack Obama's election/ The National Party wins in NZ Elections. Will's First word- Birds :-)

No comments: